The Best Online Keno Casinos in 2022
Seeking the best keno casino to play the fun, no-frills game online? You’ve arrived on the right page. As leading experts in the online casino industry – and self-confessed fans of the lottery-style casino game – we love helping fellow South African gamblers find the top keno casinos. We fill our days keeping up-to-date with the latest updates in the South African casino industry. This means we know when a new online casino springs up offering keno casino games. With so many online casinos offering keno, we understand it can be difficult to pick just one casino to play at. Our extensive research has enabled us to come up with a list of the best keno casinos that accept South African players like yourself.
Top Keno Casino Sites
1st Deposit Bonus
R7500 + 50 free spins
- Funky space-themed website
- Enjoy 2500+ online slot machines
- Huge range of live casino games
1st Deposit Bonus
100% up to R999 + 99 Free Spins
- Mobile casino
- A good loyalty scheme
- Quick deposits and payouts
1st Deposit Bonus
- Quick deposit and withdrawals in ZAR
- Great game selection with 100+ live dealer tables
- Choice of global and SA local banking methods
How We Rate The Top Keno Casinos In South Africa
There are several factors we take into consideration when determining whether a keno casino is good enough to break into our top list. We rate these factors as particularly important based on our decades of combined knowledge and feedback from players like you. We know exactly what fellow gamblers seek when playing keno online for real money. These are three of the many factors we consider during our exhaustive review process:
- Trustworthy Casinos: We would never recommend a South African online casino with substandard security measures in place. It’s vital to us that your personal details and money are completely safe. We expect the latest encryption technology to be implemented (check for a green padlock in the address bar). And two-factor authentication is always a bonus.
- Generous Bonuses and Promotions: You want the biggest bonus deals and frequent promotions, right? We’ve negotiated exclusive bonuses with some of the best keno casinos so that you are richly rewarded for registering and depositing. We also pay special attention to past, current and future promotions to ensure you continue to be rewarded.
- Safe and Convenient Banking Options: One of the first things we do at every online casino we review is check out the banking options offered. We expect to find several different methods including credit cards, e-wallets and electronic funds transfers. Deposits should be instant. We also time how long a withdrawal takes to ensure you receive winnings quickly.
- Game Selection: It’s not just the selection of keno games on offer that we check out. We know that players like yourself seek a varied online casino game library. So, we make sure that there are plenty of other games like slots, table games and video poker available when you fancy taking a break from guessing numbers.
Why Play Keno For Real Money
To begin with, what is more exciting than waiting for your lucky numbers to roll in? Yeah, we thought that would leave you scratching your head.
As keno is a variation of the lottery, it presents you with the chance to win big simply by choosing the right numbers. And while there are only a few lotteries available to play each week here in South Africa, you can play keno for real money any time you like at an online casino.
Here are three of the other main reasons why you should play keno for real money:
- Fun to Play: If you’re anything like us, excitement will stir inside you as each of your selected numbers is randomly drawn from the machine one at a time. This is especially true if they are drawn in an unbroken chain to deliver an incredible payout.
- No Strategy: Unlike blackjack and roulette, there is no strategy involved in playing real money keno games. It’s strictly a game of chance. Whether the numbers that roll out from the machine match those on your keno card or not will ultimately come down to Lady Luck.
- Big Payouts on Offer: Payouts depend on how many numbers you match from the total numbers picked. You won’t get much for picking 3 out of 6 numbers, but you’ll be in for a life-changing win if you successfully pick 10 numbers from 10. That is a 1 in 8,911,712 shot.
Have these reasons got you eager to purchase a keno card and select numbers? Then make sure you check out our list of the top South African casinos where you can play keno safely and securely.
- Excellent VIP loyalty program
- Daily 15% cashback on losses
- ZAR currency deposits accepted
How To Play Keno
Never played keno before? Don’t worry, it’s one of the simplest casino games to wrap your head around. A typical online keno game usually takes around four minutes from start to finish and involves just four simple steps each game. These steps are as follows:
1) Find keno in the game lobby of your chosen online casino. You’ll usually find it listed under the ‘specialty games’ or ‘other games’ category alongside other games like online scratch cards.
2) Choose 1 to 20 numbers on your keno card. A keno card is basically like a large lottery ticket that allows you to pick numbers from 1 through 80. If you don’t have any lucky numbers in mind, you can always click on the ‘quick pick’ option to randomly select numbers instead.
3) Choose how much you’d like to bet before the numbers are randomly drawn from the machine. Remember to check the pay table and place realistic bets. For example, you shouldn’t risk your whole bankroll on the miraculous feat of landing 20 numbers out of 20. Doing so is virtually impossible, as reflected in its odds of 1 in 3,535,316,142,212,174,320.
4) Cross your fingers and pray that your lucky numbers roll out from the machine. Once the numbers have been drawn from the virtual machine, a new keno game will begin. You can usually choose to stick with the same numbers or start from scratch with a blank keno card. You should play keno online for free until you feel like you’ve gotten the hang of how the game works.
Once you feel ready to switch to real money play, remember to check out our experts’ list of recommended online casinos to take advantage of a bumper bonus for making your first deposit.