Last updated on 1 July, 2021
Our Privacy and Data Policy
Welcome to https://www.casinos.co.za/ (the ‘Website’). We bring you up to date information about online gambling in South Africa. Below You will find our Privacy and Cookie Policies, which describes how We collect your data, how We comply with laws and regulations regarding the collection and processing of personal information, and how You can assert your data rights.
The only time when we collect personalized data from you is when you provide it to us. This typically happens when you take steps like registering for the site or subscribing to email notifications or newsletters. For instance, if you want us to email you information, we will need you to provide us with your email address.
The Company acknowledges that in collecting Your Personal Data We are bound by the laws of Malta and will process Your Personal Data in accordance with the GDPR. For any further request or query about how We use Your Personal Data, You may address Our Data Protection Officer through the following email address: dpo[at]casinos[dot]co[dot]za
Any Policy, demand, request or other communication which You address to the Company shall either be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by e-mail. All communication done by e-mail shall be deemed received on the business day following the day of transmission.
Capitalised terms in this Policy shall have the meaning assigned to them under the GDPR, and shall be construed accordingly. Furthermore, the following definitions shall apply:
- Account – an account provided to You by the Company upon Your registration.
- GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, as amended, replaced or superseded and in force from time to time.
- Services – the Services provided by the Company through the Website.
- User – any person who registers an Account or accesses and browses the Website (‘You’, ‘Your’).
What Kind of Data Do We Collect?
The Company collects and processes the following Personal Data:
- IP Address;
- End user device data;
- Browsing data; and
- Information on user preferences regarding the Website.
We fully respect Your fundamental rights and consider protection of Your Personal Data to be a priority. Accordingly, when processing Your Personal Data, We follow the following basic principles:
- We submit Your Personal Data only to lawful and fair processing, and We maintain full transparency vis-à-vis the way We handle Your Personal Data.
- We process Your Personal Data only to the extent that it is necessary and appropriate to purposes for which it is collected.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that Your Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, updated with regard to the purposes of the processing, taking all reasonable steps to immediately delete or correct it in case of inaccuracy.
- We process Your Personal Data in a manner that guarantees its security by using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- In general, We comply with all applicable laws statutory obligations, as Data Controller of Your Personal Data.
Why We Collect Data
The Company may process Your Personal Data to fulfill its obligations under the Terms and Conditions, for the following purposes:
- Administration and development of the Website and the Services;
- Enhancement of user experience, including the provision of personalized Services and improvement of the Website and the Services;
- Development of new products, utilities and offerings;
- Collection, processing and performing statistical and other research and analysis of information; and
- Verifying compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Website.
How We Use Personal Data
The Company may process Your Personal Data only with Your lawful consent for the following purposes:
- Commercial communication, marketing and advertising of Our Services or third-party services; and
- Conducting surveys for research purposes and User recruitment exercises.
You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time in writing to Our contact details mentioned in this Policy. Withdrawal of Your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment of Your data prior to its revocation.
Sharing Your Information
In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of Your Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, deletion, alteration or other use, the Company applies appropriate internal policies and takes all appropriate organizational, technical and procedural security measures, as well as technical standards, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The processing of Your Personal Data by the Company is conducted in a manner that ensures confidentiality and security, taking into account the latest developments, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as the risks for Your rights and freedoms, which are applicable in each circumstance. Your Personal Data is processed solely by authorised personnel of the Company, bound by strict obligations of confidentiality.
We retain Your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the relevant purposes of processing explained in this Policy, in accordance with the Data Minimisation and Storage Limitation principles. After the period of retention, Your Personal Data is erased from Our databases and systems.
If you’ve never heard of a DPO before, that’s probably because it is a new position that has been mandated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR is a new set of EU regulations that went into effect in May 2018.
GDPR does several things, but its main purpose is to govern how websites handle the privacy of their users and the private data that they collect. It also provides consumers with a variety of rights that they may assert when it comes to protecting their privacy and data on the internet. If you’d like to read a more detailed explanation of GDPR, you can find one here: https://www.eugdpr.org/
Queries About Usage of Your Data
How to Contact Us
We hope that you will enjoy your time on Casinos.co.za. Part of that enjoyment should come from a feeling of comfort that your data rights and privacy are being protected.
Thanks for choosing to visit Casinos.co.za, and we hope you have a wonderful time on our website!
If you ever have any questions or comments about Casinos.co.za, we’re happy to hear from you. If you’re looking for a particular department, here are a few common points of contact:
- For general questions and comments about the website, you can write us an email at info[at]casinos[dot]co[dot]za
- If you want to get in touch with our commercial team about being featured on our site, send us a message at commercial[at]casinos[dot]co[dot]za