The Best Online Bingo in South Africa
If you’re looking for fun and safe sites for online bingo in South Africa, then you’ve come to the right place. Our guide will show you the best bingo sites to play at. We’ll also help you get started by showing you how to play bingo and teach you a little about the history of bingo in South Africa. To start playing bingo online right now, sign up for one of our recommended sites below!
Our Recommended Bingo Sites
1st Deposit Bonus
R3,333 + 77 Free Spins
- Convenient mobile app for on-the-go access.
- A great selection of reliable payment methods.
- A fantastic variety of casino games for every type of player.
1st Deposit Bonus
R1,500 + 300 Free Spins
- Bonus Wheel and daily cashback
- Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals
- Easy and secure payments
What is Online Bingo?
Bingo is a game in which players try to match numbers on cards to those called out by a person running the game. By filling your card or covering certain patterns before other players, you can win prizes.
While there are a few different types of bingo, each with unique rules, the basic gameplay is that easy. This simplicity has made bingo a very popular social game throughout the world. Thanks to the easy rules and relaxed gameplay, bingo is a game for everyone, especially if most other casino games feel overwhelming to you.
Online bingo offers all the same gameplay from the convenience of your home. You can even still chat with your fellow players as you compete for prizes and jackpots. The only difference is that the action happens on your computer or mobile screen instead of on paper cards at a bingo hall.
How to Play Bingo Online in South Africa?
It’s easy to start playing online bingo in South Africa. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started at your first bingo website.
Guide to Playing Bingo Online
Sign up for an online bingo site. Just pick one of our recommended bingo websites in South Africa and click on a link to get started. Provide some basic information and you’ll have a free account in just a matter of minutes.
Make your first deposit. If you want to play for real money, head to the cashier area of the website. Choose a banking method to move money into your bingo account.
Choose a game to play. There will be many different games starting soon. These games may be different styles, like 75-ball or 90-ball bingo, and different prices to play, allowing you to find one that is right for your budget.
Purchase your cards. Most bingo games allow you to buy multiple cards. While you can play with just one card (and this is a good way to start for beginners), you might find it more exciting to play several at once.
Watch as numbers are drawn. When the game begins, the site will start randomly drawing numbered balls. If a number matches a spot on your card, you can mark off that spot or choose to let the site do that for you automatically.
Call bingo when you win. Be aware of the patterns needed to win, which can be anything from a single line to covering the entire card. When you have a winning pattern, you may need to press a button to secure your win, but on some sites this process is automatic.
Get ready for the next game! When you play online bingo in South Africa, there’s always another game in a few seconds or minutes. Depending on what version of bingo you’ve decided to play, your cards may be good for multiple games or you might need to buy new cards for your next session.
Online Bingo Terms
If you’re not an experienced bingo player, you might run into a lot of unfamiliar terms when playing online. Here’s a guide to some of the most common terms you should know before you get started.
- 30-Ball: A quick version of bingo usually only played online. You must cover a 3×3 card (nine spots) to call bingo and win.
- 75-Ball: The traditional form of bingo played in North America, and commonly seen on South African bingo sites. You must make lines or other patterns on a 5×5 card in order to win each round.
- 80-Ball: An online variant of bingo that uses a 4×4 card. You can win with various patterns that can change from game to game.
- 90-Ball: The traditional way of playing bingo in the UK. In this version, each of your cards has three rows of nine boxes. Each row has five numbers in it. Prizes are usually given to the first player to fill one line, two lines, and all of their numbers, known as a “full house.”
- Blackout: Also known as a “coverall,” this is a pattern in which you must cover the entirety of your card to win.
- Bingo: Both the name of the game and the traditional call when you get a winning pattern.
- Dauber: The bottle used to mark numbers that have been called on your card. Online, you can daub numbers manually or have the site do it for you automatically.
- Free Space: A free spot on your card that can be used to complete winning patterns. Usually found in the centre position in 75-ball bingo.
- Pattern: The sequence of spots you must cover in order to win a round of bingo.
- Special: A game that uses a special card that won’t be active during the rest of a bingo session.
Advantages of Online Bingo
There are several advantages to playing bingo online rather than at a live venue. One of the most obvious is convenience. Rather than having to travel to play, you can enjoy your favourite bingo games right from the comfort of your own home.
Secondly, online bingo is simpler and easier than playing in person. If you want to play multiple cards, you will no longer have to scramble to make sure you have marked off all the numbers on each one without making mistakes. Instead, you can let our recommended sites do the hard work for you and make sure you never accidentally miss a winning pattern.
Many players also enjoy the faster pace of play. While it’s easy to play online bingo, it also moves much more quickly. Numbers are drawn faster, there’s less downtime between games, and some special online formats are designed to produce rapid results.
History of Online Bingo in South Africa
Bingo began its existence in Italy around 1530 when the Italian lottery offered a similar game. After spreading throughout Europe for centuries, the modern version of the game began appearing in the United States and other locations at fairs and carnivals in the 1920s.
Bingo gained popularity in South Africa in the early 1960s and became a legal form of gambling in the country in 1998. Licensed live bingo halls can be found in the Gauteng and North West provinces. Online bingo in South Africa started in the late 1990s when the first free play sites were launched. Today, many real money bingo sites are available to South African players.
Play Bingo Online Today
Now that you’ve read our guide, you should be prepared to enjoy online bingo in South Africa. From how online bingo works to starting your first game, you should have everything you need to play with confidence.
If you’re ready to play, sign up to one of our recommended sites and try bingo in South Africa today!
- Great game selection
- Top South African Casino
- Welcome bonus