The Best Real Money Casinos in South Africa 2021
If you’re looking for the best real money online casinos in South Africa, you’re in the right place. We’ve compiled an honest and unbiased list of your best options, and our guide covers everything from the pros and cons of playing for real money to expert tips to improve your chances of winning. Excited to play your favourite casino games online for actual money? Then choose a site from the list below to sign up and claim a generous welcome bonus.
Recommended Real Money Casinos for 2021
1st Deposit Bonus
- Mobile casino
- A good loyalty scheme
- Quick deposits and payouts
1st Deposit Bonus
R3,000 + 21 Free Spins
- Quick deposit and withdrawals in ZAR
- Great game selection with 100+ live dealer tables
- Choice of global and SA local banking methods
1st Deposit Bonus
up to R1000
- Year-long welcome deposit bonuses
- Dedicated phone, email and web support
- Features the leading progressive games
What Are Real Money Online Casinos?
Real money casinos in South Africa are websites which allow you to gamble on games of chance such as blackjack, roulette and slots – all done digitally, from the comfort of your home. You can also play on your mobile, giving you even more flexibility to enjoy your favourite casino games.
There is a key difference between real money casinos and the free casino game apps you’ll find in the App Store or Google Play Store. These apps are free, but you can’t win any actual cash. In some cases, the odds of winning in these titles may not be representative of real casino games. For instance, there are free poker apps where players seem to win every time, no matter how badly they play.
For an authentic gambling experience, you’ll want to play at a real money casino in South Africa.
How We Choose the Best Real Money in South Africa
At Casinos.co.za, we have a team of experts whose only job is to review online casinos. Between them, they have decades of years of gambling experience and have played at thousands of real money online casinos in South Africa.
Here’s some of the many factors we consider when reviewing real money casinos:
Strong Licenses and Safety Measures
If a website doesn’t have a valid gambling license, we immediately blacklist it. But the search doesn’t end there. For all online casinos that pay real money, we delve into the history of the company and ensure it’s a trustworthy brand. Safety is paramount when you play casino games for real money online, and we only ever recommend sites which are 100% safe.
Convenient Banking Methods
When you’re in the mood to try and win real money at an online casino, the last thing you want is to wait around for your deposit to be processed. We favour sites which facilitate instant deposits and fast withdrawals. We also place casinos higher up our rankings if they offer a wide range of convenient payment methods such as Easy EFT and Pay by Phone, as this gives you more flexibility to play in a way which suits you.
Rewarding Real Money Bonuses
Most real money casinos in South Africa will have a welcome bonus, but many of them are poor value. The trick is to find bonuses which have realistic wagering requirements and no slippery loopholes in the terms and conditions. Our experts have compared thousands of offers and know exactly what to look for in matched deposit bonuses, free spins, and so on. If a casino makes our list, we can guarantee that you’ll receive a generous bonus with fair terms.
Real Money Games for Everyone
Slots are by far the most popular type of game at real money casinos in South Africa, but that doesn’t mean they’re to every player’s taste. That’s why we give preference to casinos which have a wide range of games. The best casinos will feature slots, poker, tables games, and live casino options at various stakes. We also prefer casinos with a user-friendly game library, making it easy for you to find what you want.
Complete Mobile Compatibility
Feedback we’ve received from players has shown us that many of you now prefer playing on mobile, either all or at least some of the time. Besides reviewing the casino in desktop, our experts also test real money casino apps. Most sites will allow you to access their casino via your mobile browser, too. If a casino doesn’t have mobile access, we won’t include it in our list of highly recommended real money casinos in South Africa.
Excellent Customer Service
Customer service might not be highest on your list of priorities when you’re looking at real money casinos in South Africa, but the second you need it – it will suddenly become very important! There’s a massive difference in quality at various sites. We look for polite, helpful customer service, available via different formats like live chat, phone, email, and even WhatsApp. If a site has 24/7 customer service or operates for long hours, it will move up our rankings.
Real Money Casinos – Pros and Cons
Although real money casinos in South Africa are an exciting way to enjoy your favourite games, they’re not without drawbacks. Here’s the main pros and cons of real money casinos:
- Access thousands of games including slots & table games
- Accumulate loyalty points and unlock exclusive rewards
- Betting limits that cater to bankrolls of all sizes
- Play your favourite games wherever and whenever you like
- Recreate the brick-and-mortar casino experience remotely
- Get instant customer support via live chat and phone
- You could lose money, especially if you play recklessly
- Low quality casinos mislead players with unrealistic bonuses
- Some casinos are not accessible in South Africa
Types of Real Money Casinos in South Africa
Not all players enjoy the same games, which is why there are different types of real money casinos in South Africa. Here are four of the most common versions:
Real Money Slots Casinos
The most popular casino game in South Africa is slots, which is why you’ll find thousands of variations across the top sites. Online slots for real money in South Africa give you the chance to win big on any spin, with some jackpots delivering life-changing sums. Note that the odds of hitting a mega win are slim, though!
Real Money Live Casinos
Fans of the brick-and-mortar casino experience will enjoy playing for real money at live casinos, where you’ll see a live stream of a real croupier in a casino setting and can place bets in real time. It’s ideal if you want to combine the best of both worlds – the interaction with human dealers and other players, and the flexibility and convenience of online casinos.
Real Money Poker Sites
There are two types of poker at online casinos – casino poker, and the version played against fellow players. Both versions of online poker for real money use similar hand rankings and rules, but the casino version is more luck-based. Traditional poker is ideal if your strengths include maths and psychology.
Real Money Mobile Casinos
We know that many of you prefer playing casino games on mobile, and you’ll be happy to hear that the best South African casinos take a mobile-first approach. These casinos allow you to quickly access a mobile-friendly version of the site via your smartphone’s browser, and you’ll often find they have a free app, too.
Bonuses at Real Money Casinos
Pretty much every real money casino in South Africa will offer you a welcome bonus when you sign up. Most casinos will also reward you for returning to deposit and play. But which types of casino bonuses offer the best value?
Here are three of the most common casino bonuses:
No Deposit Bonuses
You can win real money at no deposit casinos in South Africa, but make sure you check the terms and conditions before claiming such an offer. Casinos always safeguard against players abusing the bonus by adding certain stipulations, including wagering requirements and a maximum withdrawal limit.
Match Deposit Bonuses
As the most common form of welcome bonus, match deposit bonuses reward you with casino chips when you make your first deposit. For a matched deposit, the ratio is 1:1. So, if you deposit R100, you’ll receive R100 on top. However, your bonus money can’t be withdrawn until you meet certain wagering requirements.
You might receive free spins at online casinos when you sign up or as a treat to reward your activity as an existing player. Free spins give you a chance to play slots and win real money. There’s a lot of variety with free spins, but the best free spins bonuses come with no wagering requirements, meaning you can withdraw your winnings with no strings attached.
Choose the Best Real Money Casino Games for Your Budget
Brick-and-mortar casinos can sometimes have table minimums which make it tough for the average player to enjoy a meaningful session. But real money casinos in South Africa cater to all budgets, from miniscule minimums to high stakes action.
Here are some low and high stakes casino games you can play:
Low Stake Real Money Games
Most of the games you’ll find at real money casinos in South Africa could be classed as low stakes games if you play for the minimum stake. Slots are the most popular casino games for low limit players, as you can adjust paylines and spin the reels from as little as a cent. Table games also have much smaller minimum stakes than physical casinos.
High Stake Real Money Games
Baccarat is one of the classic high roller games, whilst live dealer titles also attract high limit players. Blackjack is another popular option, while the roulette tables are also popular destinations for players with deep pockets. There are also high stakes poker tables available at many real money casinos in South Africa, where hundreds of thousands can exchange hands in a matter of seconds.
How to Register at a Real Money Casino
Signing up to a real money casino in South Africa is a straightforward process when you know how, even if you’ve never gambled online before. Here’s how to do it:
Real Money Casino Registration Guide
Join a Real Money Casino – First, take your pick from the real money casinos in South Africa listed on this page. Each of these sites has been vetted by our experts. To sign up, follow the links provided and input simple details including your name, date of birth and email address.
Make Your First Deposit – Once you’ve signed up, navigate to the banking section and select your preferred payment method. Type in the necessary payment details and confirm you wish to proceed with the transaction. Funds should arrive in your account in seconds.
Claim a Real Money Bonus – When making your first deposit, ensure you take advantage of any real money bonuses at the site. If you follow our links, you’ll automatically be taken to the best welcome bonuses. Look for the ‘Bonus code’ box (if there is one) and insert the code to claim it.
Play Real Money Games – Navigate to the game lobby and choose which type of game you’d like to play. You can choose between everything from slots and table games to live casino and specialty games. Click on the tab which suits you and load a game in real money mode to start playing.
Documents Needed for Real Money Casinos
Before you can cash out at a real money casino in South Africa, you do have to provide some documents to prove who you are. One reason for this is to help the casino ensure that players aren’t opening multiple accounts.
Our experts have plenty of experience opening accounts at hundreds of South African gambling sites. Here are three common documents you may be asked for:
- Valid Identification – Top of the list will be proof of your identification via an ID. For example, you may need to take a picture of your Smart ID Card, including the photo of your face.
- Proof of Address – Utility bills and bank statements are the most efficient ways to prove your address. For instance, a municipal water and lights account. Or a recent statement from an established bank like Standard Bank, FirstRand or Absa.
- Proof of Payment Account – You may also be required to send in proof of your payment account. From credit card to Paygate, there are lots of options for you at real money casinos in South Africa. However, make sure you block out key details to avoid being scammed or hacked.
How to Win Real Money at Casinos – Our Expert Tips
Although the odds almost always favour the casino, there are still tactics you can use to give yourself the best chance of winning at online casinos. Here are five tips to help you maximise profits:
- Choose the Right Game – Don’t choose games based on convenience, choose one you enjoy playing and know how to play. If your preferred game isn’t available, use another casino or choose a like-for-like game. Don’t play casino games for real money without understanding the rules.
- Study the Paytable – Even if you’ve played a game many times before, look at the paytable and compare the true odds to the odds the casino pays out. You may find that certain bets are bad value for money – some of those on Wheel of Fortune, for example.
- Check the RTP/House Edge – Select a game that you enjoy, but also one which has a solid return to player (RTP) percentage. For example, some slot machines will have an RTP of 92% while others have 98%. The higher, the better.
- Take Advantage of Bonuses and Promotions – Some promotions are a trap to lure you in, but others offer brilliant value. It’s all about the terms and conditions. Follow the links on this page to unlock generous bonuses at the best real money casinos in South Africa.
- Manage Your Bankroll – The importance of only betting what you can afford to lose cannot be overstated. Manage your bankroll with small, gradual bets and don’t chase your losses. Stick within your pre-determined limits to stay safe. Most casinos allow you to set limits on your own account, if you want a safety net.
Register at the Best Real Money Casinos in South Africa
Now that you know all about real money casinos in South Africa, it’s time to sign up and deposit.
Now that you know all about real money casinos in South Africa, it’s time to sign up and deposit. For the best experience (and the best offers), follow the links on this page and join one of our approved casinos. Each of our casinos offers hundreds, if not thousands, of exciting title to keep you entertained for hours. Enjoy!
- Excellent VIP loyalty program
- Daily 15% cashback on losses
- ZAR currency deposits accepted