The Best Online Baccarat Casinos in 2023
If you’re seeking the ultimate guide on how to play baccarat and the best baccarat casino to join in South Africa, you’ve arrived on the right page. As experts on the South African casino industry, we spend our time keeping up with the latest industry trends and updates. We’ve noticed a significant increase in the number of gamblers who are taking a seat at the virtual baccarat tables at online casinos in recent years. Therefore, we thought it would be a good idea to offer our expertise on the popular card game of chance. Our team of experts has thoroughly reviewed the top-rated online casinos to come up with a list of the best baccarat casinos that accept South African players. Each of our recommended casinos is safe and trustworthy. You’ll also receive a warm welcome in the form of a jaw-dropping bonus offer.
Top Baccarat Casinos of South Africa
1st Deposit Bonus
R7500 + 50 free spins
- Funky space-themed website
- Enjoy 2500+ online slot machines
- Huge range of live casino games
How We Select The Top Baccarat Casinos
Wondering how we concluded that these are the best baccarat casinos in 2023?
There are several factors we consider when determining which casino sites make it onto our top list of baccarat casinos. We look at how generous the casino bonus offers are, the range of deposit methods on offer, the security measures that are in place, and so forth. These are the fundamentals of a casino.
However, here are four main factors we consider when searching for the best baccarat casino:
- Trustworthy Casinos: The best online casino sites in South Africa are operated by reputable companies. We check the background history of each online casino we review to ensure there are no dodgy former executives from blacklisted casinos involved in the operation. We also search to make sure fellow South African players haven’t reported any payment issues.
- Big Betting Limits: Baccarat is an online casino game that is typically associated with high rollers. For this very reason, the best baccarat casinos should accept very large bets on every hand. How much per hand, we hear you ask? To accommodate those with bottomless pockets, bets of at least R10,000 should be accepted.
- Smooth Gameplay: Have you ever played online baccarat for real money and experienced a delay in the cards being dealt? We have. It’s safe to say that we never played at that casino site again. You should be able to place your bets and watch the cards get dealt without experiencing any performance issues. We couldn’t recommend a casino with substandard performance.
- Baccarat Variants: Did you know that there are several different types of baccarat that can be played online? The best baccarat casinos offer variants like Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and 3 Card Baccarat at the very least. Seeking a more personal experience? Then you’ll be pleased to learn that we select online casinos that offer at least one live baccarat game.
You should also know that we are constantly updating our top list of baccarat casinos. As soon as new online casinos go live, we task our experts with testing how well the casino site stacks up against the current sites on our list. If they deem it better than an existing recommendation, we simply add it to the list and remove the casino that propped up the rest of the table.
Different Types Of Baccarat To Play
As with so many online casino games throughout the years, new variants of baccarat have been created to offer something slightly different from the original game. Nowadays, three of the most popular baccarat variants at online casinos are Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and 3 Card Baccarat.
- Punto Banco: This baccarat version pits you against the dealer, just like blackjack games. Originally developed in Argentinian casinos, Punto Banco is a straightforward casino game that sees you bet on one of three outcomes: either “punto” for player, “banco” for the dealer, or right down the middle by betting on the outcome being a tie.
- Chemin de Fer: Are you a fan of James Bond? Then you may have fond memories of the intelligence officer playing this baccarat variant in movies like Dr. No and Thunderball. This baccarat variant gives you more control in determining the outcome of the game, as you must decide whether to take a third card or to stand pat.
- 3 Card Baccarat: As its name suggests, the number of cards you start with in 3 Card Baccarat is what separates this variant from Punto Banco and Chemin de Fer. It’s one of the newest baccarat variations, but it is becoming increasingly popular at the top-rated online casinos in South Africa due to the many different bets that can be placed.
Wondering where you can play these variations of baccarat? The South African online casinos we are recommending offer them all. So, take your pick from our top list and start playing straight away.
How To Play Baccarat
Don’t worry if you haven’t played baccarat before. It’s a fun card game that is oh so easy to learn.
Baccarat is played using a six-deck or eight-deck of cards that are reshuffled after each hand. There are three possible outcomes to a baccarat hand: either the player or the banker will win, or the hand will be a tie. You can bet on any of these outcomes, with the aim being to bet on the hand that you think will total closest to nine.
Firstly, you’ll need to know and understand card values before you make your decision. Cards two through nine are worth their face values. 10, Jack, Queen, and King cards are not worth any points. An Ace is worth one point. If a card count runs into double digits, then the left digit is dropped. For example, 7 + 9 = 16. In this scenario the 1 is dropped and the count is worth 6.
If either hand scores a total of 8 or 9 after the cards have been dealt, this is known as a natural. This means that no more cards will be dealt, and the results of the bets will be determined solely based on these point totals.
What happens when there is no natural? If the player has a total of 5 or less, then one more card will be dealt. Whether the banker receives a third card or not will depend on the banker’s total score and the value of the third card dealt to the player. This is the most complicated aspect of playing baccarat, but it’s one that you should be able to wrap your head around quickly.
Choose The Best Baccarat Odds
Still unsure about whether you should place your wager on the banker’s bet, the player’s bet, or the tie? Allow us to help you by outlining the odds associated with each of the three types of bet.
- Banker’s Bet: A house edge of just 1.06% indicates that the banker’s bet is most likely to win in the long run. A 5% commission is taken by the online casino when this bet wins. This means that you’ll receive a payout of R195 for making a successful R100 banker’s bet.
- Player’s Bet: A house edge of 1.24% is decent, but it still falls short of the banker’s bet. As online casinos know that the banker’s bet will win in the long run, they entice players into taking the player’s bet by paying 100% of the stake for the even-money shot.
- Tie: Many players are tempted by the 8:1 payout on offer for betting on the tie. We can’t stress enough how important it is to avoid such bets. Yes, the odds are attractive, but the house edge of 14.44% on the tie highlights just how unfavourable this bet is.
Wondering what the best baccarat strategy is to ensure the biggest return? Put your money on the banker’s bet every time. It’s going to win just over 50% of the time and there is a reason why the best baccarat casinos apply commission to the banker’s bet but not the player’s bet.
- Excellent VIP loyalty program
- Daily 15% cashback on losses
- ZAR currency deposits accepted